Once you have signed up you should receive your welcome, email, an invoice and payment confirmation, and if you have registered a domain a domain confirmation email and a Hosting account welcome email.
Please read these emails as they give you information on where to start.
They contain your login details for :
- Your admin area. – This is where you manage your support requests, change / add to your existing account, get invoices, pay invoices, have access your administrative side of your hosting account
- Your Hosting Control Panel login, this is where you manage the actual website, emails, etc related to your domain.
Right you have signed up and your domain has been registered. What Next?
- Firstly you need to login to the hosting control panel and change the default generated password this is achieved by going to the hosting control panel located at http://myaccount.hetzner.co.za (if your domain is active you can access the control panel using your own domain name.
- Once you have typed in your Hosting username and password you will be placed in your hosting control panel area. Click the Password Icon and change your password to one of your own choice, and click the back button. (Your FTP account is also setup initially using this same password, however by changing the CP login password, does not change your FTP user password.)
- Click the domains icon and select the domain by double clicking on the domain you want to edit.
- Scroll down and Click the FTP Accounts icon.
- Select the ftp user account and change the password to one you will use, or create a new ftp user to use.
Next – You are now ready to start creating email accounts.
- To add emails click on the Emails Icon, add the name of the account you are adding and enter the password to use (please note passwords need to be 8 characters minimum, and cannot be the same as the email address)
Next – Upload your website
You can use microsoft explorer to upload your website, or a 3rd party ftp program if you have one.
To upload using Microsoft Windows Explorer do the following :
- Click on “My Computer”
- in the address bar at the top where it says “My Computer” change it to your ftp address, by highlighting the existing text and entering ftp://yourowndomainname (please note this is in Windows Explorer NOT Internet Explorer)
- You will be prompted for your ftp username and password enter them and click the submit button
- The website will now open in windows explorer, you will see the folders, etc displayed in the same manner as your local files show.
- There are 3 folders in the initial view. (DO NOT delete any of these folders they are required for normal operation.
- LOG Folder -Website log files where the statistics programs use them to display statistics of visitors, etc from these files.
- DB Folder – This is, (if you use a database) where your database backup files will be put each night when we run database backups.
- WWWROOT Folder – This is where all of your website files must be located to operate properly.
- Click on the wwwroot folder you can now drag and drop files from your desktop or computer into this wwwroot folder and the files will be uploaded to our servers. Once this is uploaded you should then be able to go to http://www.yourowndomainname and your website should display properly.
- NOTE :- If you make use of technologies like ASP.NET or PHP you need to enable these under the Website settings and Advanced domain options settings icons. These are not enabled by default.
After your Reseller Hosting account is created, your main account will have it’s own Control Panel (Konsole H), just like all the other web hosting accounts you create for your customers.
However, the difference between your main account and all the other accounts, is that your main account will be given Reseller Privileges. You will have your own reseller interface called Konsole H which are what you use to manage your web hosting business: create hosting accounts, set storage space and bandwidth limits, suspend/un-suspend accounts, and much more.
Set-up Web Hosting Packages
While creating packages, you want to decide exactly what you want to provide in the web hosting plans you want to sell. You have to decide things like:
* How much storage space and bandwidth to allocate to each account.
* How many email accounts to allocate to each account.
* How many FTP accounts, Parked domains, Subdomains, Addon domains, and MySQL DBs to allocate to each account.
* How much are you going to sell your web hosting plans for.
Once you’ve decided all these factors, you may login to your control panel and setup hosting packages. Packages make creating new web hosting accounts much quicker and convenient, because you’re essentially pre-defining all the above variables, so that you only have to choose a package name when creating a user account.